Thu, May 05|
Learn what you need to know in case of an Emergency!
Time & Location
May 05, 2022, 6:30 p.m.
Athabasca, Highway 813 & RR224, Athabasca, AB T0G 0R0, Canada
About the event
Emergency Preparedness Workshop
· Uses a step-by-step approach to create a personalized preparedness kit while focusing on the importance of emotional wellness and social connections.
· The intent of this workshop is to encourage individuals to discuss, explore, discover, and develop their own personal emergency plan.
“The best preparedness kit is created by you to meet your own personal and family needs.”
What is it?
· E-Prep focuses on the importance of practical preparedness and psychosocial health and wellness in the event of an emergency or disaster.
· The objective of this workshop is to build capacity by promoting personal preparedness and cultivating resilience.
· Emergency Preparedness (E-Prep) is an interactive and educational workshop developed by Alberta Health Services and Caryna in response to the Southern Alberta 2013 floods.
Disasters (including pandemics) are becoming a common occurrence and preparation is the best predictor of resilience. E-Prep builds resilience at the individual, family, and community level. Preparing both physically and emotionally can help mitigate the risk of long-term health impacts of disasters and emergencies. The recently developed Virtual E-Prep is based on the in-class facilitated workshop developed by Alberta Health Services and carya in response to the Southern Alberta 2013 floods and has been specifically designed for virtual delivery during a pandemic.
E-Prep focuses on the importance of practical preparedness and psychosocial health and wellness in the event of an emergency or disaster. The intent of the workshop is to encourage individuals to discuss, explore, discover, and develop their own personal emergency preparedness plan. E-Prep is an interactive and educational webinar with a step-by-step approach to create a personalized preparedness kit while focusing on mental health and emotional wellness for both individuals and communities.
1. Learn why disaster preparedness is essential and understand the steps to being prepared.
2. Explore the possible hazards or risks associated with a disaster or emergency that will help you become more prepared for an emergency.
3. Make a personalized plan including emergency contacts, documents, and information.
4. Understand how developing a diverse social network can assist you in being prepared.
5. Learn what goes into an emergency kit and different strategies to customize our kit.